1.14.2008

40 Days - Day 37

I'm Taylor Bloss, and I'm a senior in the youth group at The People's Church. If the name doesn't ring a bell, then you've probably seen me playing acoustic guitar and singing in the Fusion band with my abnormally long blonde "Goldie-locks" hair. Yeah, it's kinda feminine hair, but I am not a feminine guy. Oh well, that's beside the point. The blog I'm writing is kinda directed toward the seniors, but I think we can all benefit from it. I'm going to base it around one of my favorite verses that tends to encourage me the most during this amazing yet scary time of decision making in my life. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" NIV. Without this verse, I would be a SCARED man!! (but still not feminine). I don't know how the other students that are graduating this year are taking the fact that we are about to be in college, but I seriously didn't think this day would come. Yet, to hear the King of the universe say He has plans for ME to give ME a prosperous future is the most encouraging thing I can possibly think of right now. I'm afraid I'm going to major in the wrong thing or something like that, but when these bad feelings of doubt come, I pray to God and recite this verse and leave it all in His hands. I find it so encouraging how personal this message is to me at the stage of life I'm in. As for the students that aren't graduating this year, He still has that plan for you and the rest of your future in high school. High schools around here need Jesus so bad, and as for the seniors, now our time is running short on our impact on our high schools. It's time for you guys to pick up where we left off; I know you guys will do amazing. As for retreat, wow!! I can't wait!! It's my last retreat; so I'm gonna be going CRAZY!!!!!

Taylor Bloss

2 comments:

Heather Higham said...

Sometimes modern technology can be so frustrating! Thanks for sticking with it and being willing to write again! You did a great job Taylor. I am glad to see God renewing a passion for the short time you have left. I believe you can greatly influence those around you. Keep it real, seek Christ, and go crazy and Winter Retreat!

brooKlyn said...

taylor, you crack me up! jer. 29:11 is a fav of mine as well...and even though i'm 'old' still gives me great comfort! thanks for sharing, you rock!