1.02.2008

40 Days - Day 25

God, please show us Your never ending love;
show us Your mercy and Your ceaseless grace.
Let them come down to us like a dove,
and let us feel Your warm embrace.

Help us see the plans in store;
may they be full of You.
Soften our hearts to open the door
to Your purposes, some strange and new.

Help us let go of our past:
the pain, the dark, the sin.
For we know evil will never last,
and Jesus Christ shall always win.

I pray for Your guiding light,
our unity under attack and weathered.
Ha, yes Disney got it right;
We're all in this together.

Life's journey for God's people is rough
trials and doubt may come like tidal waves,
but having Your hand on this trip will be enough
to make this Winter Retreat the one that saves.

This prayer, in Christ, I pray
with all of my heart I moan,
that for the rest of our days
we will never feel alone.

Jesus, thank You for the loving staff we have. I pray that You will equip them with the strength and the heart for this Winter Retreat. I pray that no one shy away from coming, that they know they will be loved and will grow. I pray for a united front against the struggles of our youth. Let this be a Winter Retreat we remember for the rest of our lives. Finally, I pray that the ones who don't attend feel the impact of Your love and guidance as much as the ones going. I pray that we grow and hold close to You. I pray for the youth who feel detached from You. I pray they know that they are not alone and that we love them. In your precious name, Amen.

Maddie Burford

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddie! Thanks for focusing our prayer for Winter Retreat by what you wrote. I especially loved the Disney line! Haha... for real- we're all in this together. God totally uses his people to be Jesus to the peeps around us (believer or not). You're awesome!

-Brendon

Heather Higham said...

You are such a talented writer! I appreciate the amount of time you put into writing a wonderful poem, and Disney did get it right! I continue to pray our youth group is in this together! You did an awesome job Maddie! Love you girl!

brooKlyn said...

Maddie, you're pretty much awesome! Thank you so much for your prayer.