1.03.2008

40 Days - Day 26

Unfortunately, looking back over this past year, I must admit that I haven't grown as close to God as I could have. I have been living a lukewarm life. Sure I've had moments where I felt great potential, and if I had continued to pursue God like I should have, I probably would have become closer to Him. The reason why I'm lukewarm for Him right now is no one's fault but my own.

By a seemingly random reading out of the Bible by my cousin, (except of course it wasn't random, it was God) I knew that I had to change.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm -- neither hot nor cold -- I am about to spit you out of my mouth" Revelation 3:15-16 (NIV).

In Greek, spit means vomit. If we are lukewarm for God, He will vomit us out of his mouth. Being vomited out of God's mouth is something I want to avoid at all costs. To know He would detest my lukewarm passion for Him so much as to rather me be completely cold for Him has made me stop and think. How can my passion become hotter and more intense for Him? How can I avoid being lukewarm? I've been praying about it a lot lately. I've come to realize that God wants us to constantly seek Him by reading His Word and talking and listening to Him. Just spending time with Him. He longs for us to be all that we can through Him.

My prayer for Winter Retreat, and for everyday, is that we will not be lukewarm for Him. That we will renew our passion, and that our passion will not die out. And most of all, that through our passion, God will be glorified.
Beth Rouse :)

3 comments:

ServantOfTheKing said...

i loved it beth!
wonderful reminder!
love you chica!

Heather Higham said...

I absolutely love those "randomly divine" Scripture readings... I believe in you and know you will seek God more than ever right now. I am so proud of you for your honesty and willingness to challenge each of us to recognize where we have been lukewarm in our own lives. You have such a sweet spirit and servant's heart. I am blessed to know you friend. Love you dearly!

brooKlyn said...

that's a wonderful prayer beth...a reminder we all need from time to time! thanks...b