1.08.2008

40 Days - Day 31

Hello all you lovelies! Well, I am not very good at verbalizing things as many people know, but I am going to share some of my life and the Word with you.

I wake up nearly every morning knowing that the choices I’ve made in my life are VERY real to my past, present, and future. There are some things I’ve done that will not be undone, and the consequences of which haunt me continuously. I’m sure tons of people feel this way; it’s probably not too uncommon. Something I am told often in church is that I just have to have that BLIND FAITH and lay all of my mishaps at the feet of God. I have learned to do this at times, but it is sooo hard for me to let go of some of my burdens. That is my confession. I started relying on many different drugs and substances to keep me feeling "good" almost every day starting in my 8th grade year, and those things were the only relief from reality that I knew until about my junior year in high school. When I came to know Christ later that year, my heart felt like it was meant to be taken from my chest and given to all of the people whom I love, and that was something I felt most anxious to do. However, I couldn’t understand the true gift of God because of all the times I had gotten drunk or completely blitzed being tied too tightly to me; I had tied them too tightly to me. I don’t know why I couldn’t understand that these sins, these experiences, these choices....were Christ's now, and even today I struggle with giving them to Him. Anyway, my heart is for other people, and I want to be the best worldly example of Christ’s love for them that I can be. Yet, it’s not usually easy. So, when I was in Kosova, one of the Americans I was there with saw some of my heart and gave me this:

"So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong" Hebrews 12:12-13 NLT.

Father God, sin and temptation have tried to make us weak. We have been led astray from the path that You have laid out and sometimes wander like lost animals, but I pray that You will lead us back to that path whenever we need it. Father, please strengthen our hearts and our bodies and be our living compass. With You showing us the way, there’s no doubt that we can find our way from any place or situation!!! Let us love each other like there is no tomorrow; let us offer our hands to those who are broken and our hearts to those who can’t find theirs. God You are so loving, so fair and so unbreakable, and You are forgiveness. Be in our hearts constantly and prepare us for what You have in store for this Winter Retreat. We love You Father, in Jesus' name.

Love you all, be with God always, and have a great week!!!
Chris Garmon

3 comments:

Heather Higham said...

I am so proud of you! I knew you would do such an awesome job... Thanks for sharing some of your testimony and God's Word with us. You bring joy, love and laughter with you everywhere you go!

ServantOfTheKing said...

thank you for the verse!

brooKlyn said...

Chris, you're awesome! Thank you so much for sharing and praying over us. I can't imagine this group without you. You are loved...b