1.11.2008

40 Days - Day 34

Hello! My name is Jackie Peterson. Most of you probably don't know me very well, and I would love to get to know you. I have just recently devoted myself to Christ! It's one of the best and most difficult things of my life. I find it hard each day to deal with peer pressure from cursing to skipping class, but the one thing that has kept me sane is that I read a verse of Scripture each morning. As I started to read the Bible, I came to find this verse. It says,

"Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light" (Micah 7:8 TNIV).

To me, this verse means that what I have done in the past is past and what I have learned determines my future.So don't judge me for my mistakes. Help me learn from them. I will admit that I have my fair share of "bad" stuff,but along with it, I have figured out who I am! And that's the way I look at it. If people judge you because you screwed up once or maybe more, then you need for them to get to know the real you. I'm not saying go do something bad and you will learn from it. I'm saying that you should be who you are and stay true to yourself!Thank you all for what you do, and I hope you have a great day.

Love always,
Jackie Peterson

3 comments:

Heather Higham said...

Thanks for being real Jackie! I hope I get the chance to know you more at Winter Retreat... It sounds like God has given you a powerful testimony. I love Rick White's motto to "just make progress" this year. I think we all need some of that attitude. It is a process for each of us as old temptations begin to have less and less of a hold on our lives... Great job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Jackie! I appreciate your uninhibited honesty. What a great verse to set yourself up to have a winning attitude for the day!

brooKlyn said...

Thank you for sharing Jackie!