12.11.2007

40 Days - Day 3

Hey friends!

My name is Marlee Richmond. I'm 14 years old, and I go to The People's Church in Spring Hill. I'd like to share with you a little bit about my life.

I've had a lot of struggles growing up. When I was 3, my mom left my dad, my little sister, and me. When I was 6, my dad remarried an amazing woman named Stacie. She's made me happier than I've ever been, but it took time. God helped me make some incredible changes in my life. I learned that being strong isn't something we can do on our own. The strength we have comes from God.

I've recently discovered that God's been trying to speak to me all along. I just never took the time to listen. When I prayed to Him one morning, asking Him to tell me what it was He wanted me to do with my life, I immediately thought about the Bible. I got my Bible and turned to Psalm 105:1-5. The Scripture reads:




Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles and the judgments he pronounced." - NIV



Those verses really helped me to know that I get the chance to tell others of His wonders, His grace, His mercy, and His love. If you're a young teenager like me and you haven't figured out what God has planned for you, just ask Him. He will answer you, but you have to be patient. Remember...you are loved.

Keepin' the Faith,

Marlee Richmond

4 comments:

Heather Higham said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and pieces of your testimony to encourage other students as we look forward to Winter Retreat together. I really appreciate your willingness to write, and I pray it is exactly what someone else needs to hear today. I also hope you continue to take time to listen to God... There is such a sweetness in listening! Keep remembering and trusting sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Marlee,

Thanks so much for sharing your heart. It is evident in the way that you live that God is real in your heart, and that you are making known among the nations what He has done! We love you!

Anonymous said...

You are loved and I know the Lord will use you and your words! Thanks! Nathan Oates

brooKlyn said...

I've gotta come hang with you Spring Hill peeps sometime soon...Marlee, thanks for being vulnerable and sharing your heart and life with us...