12.09.2007

40 Days - Day 1

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
-Psalm 63:1 NIV

As you find yourself from day to day,
drudging through the ordinary and the plain,
remember that God is just a prayer away
with a bucketful of water that refreshes,
a bucketful of water that renews life
and teaches your soul how to thirst and long for Him again.

I pray that as this 40 days of prayer kicks off that you will be renewed by a bucketful of renewing water from heaven and that every single person coming to this retreat will experience it right along with you. Maybe those around you won't get drenched like you, but they will get splashed and start longing for more. Pray that God will be earnestly sought after in this dry and weary land where there seems to be no water.

Christina Vickman

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Good word Christina!! :]

Anonymous said...

thanks tyler!

Heather Higham said...

Thanks for writing the first prayer for us. You are truly a sweet-spirited student leader, and I appreciate your heart. I pray we are each refreshed with a bucketful of water from God!

brooKlyn said...

This is so fitting...so many of us are drained right now (or maybe it's just me)
...may we be filled Father!