12.15.2007

40 Days - Day 7

Hey Students!

I am Kyle Witt. I am 17 Years old, and I go to The People’s Church in Spring Hill. I would like to tell you some things about me.

First off, I want to start by saying I'm not good at typing; so, please give me a break. Now instead of starting at the beginning of my life, I want to fast forward to age 11. When I was 11, I went to church, but I was only going because I was told to go. I knew there was a God and all; I just didn’t really follow Him like I really should have. Like today, being a Christian wasn’t really cool where I was from. Well, fast forward a little bit more to December of that year when my step mom was killed by a drunk driver, and instead of doing what I should have and taken it to God's feet, I turned away and blamed Him for it. I was ashamed of God because I thought He had purposely set out to destroy me. Which, as we all know, is not true.

James 1:2-3 (New International Version)
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

At the time, I had no idea that God could do so many great things through a bad experience. Fast forward even more to age 15, October 24th 2005, when yet again another person that I loved died in a car wreck, but this time I didn’t blame God. In fact, I tried getting back in the church, and about that time the youth group in Spring Hill was started. I went to the first youth group meeting, and two days later I went to Texas to visit family. The entire time I was there I wrestled with whether I should go back to this youth group or not. Well I prayed for the first time in a long time and asked God to just give me a sign; I needed Him to show me the way. Well one night a friend invited me to his church, and as we were driving, I looked out my window and noticed his tire was flat. As we pulled over to check it, a women comes out screaming, “help me, help me, my husband is very weak, and he has fallen. I cannot help him up.” So we run inside to help this man off his floor, and go back out. I stopped dead in my tracks: the tire was full. If that isn’t a sign, I don’t know what is. Needless to say, I did go back to youth group and went to my first winter retreat that year where God pulled my heart to a direction I never thought I could go - youth ministry. I suddenly have this burning sensation inside to spread God's Word to young people. I went from lost to found, from ashamed and abandoned to unashamed and loved, and I tell you all of this so that no matter what you go through good or bad, no matter whether it’s cool or not to be a Christian, never ever be ashamed of God because He loves you. His Word gives you power. If you only get one thing out of this, please let it be this: we are products of the most loving being ever! We are children of God, and no matter where you are or who is around you, please just spread that feeling and love. Don’t be ashamed of God. This verse is something I cling to tightly; I pray these words affect you like they do me.


Romans 1:16:
16I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.


God bless you all,
Your brother in Christ,

Kyle Witt

4 comments:

Heather Higham said...

You have a powerful testimony! I pray God continues to plant His Word and truth in your heart. Keep sharing your faith and trusting God to lead. He will help you sort everything out where the future is concerned. I am praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Soooo Proud of you Kyle! The Lord will use you in a mighty way I know it! Make Christ the object and focus of your life and faith! Love you bro! Nathan Oates

Anonymous said...

Dude, I truly believe God has big things in store for you as you continue to trust in Him! I'm am thankful God brought you into our lives and has grabbed hold of your heart!

brooKlyn said...

Kyle, bro...rock on! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how God can take the things Satan means for distruction and recieve glory out of it when we lay it at His feet. Keep sharing the story God has given you and see Him be glorified!