12.18.2007

40 Days - Day 10

Micah 7:8 says, “Do not gloat over me my enemies for though I have fallen I will rise again, though i sit in darkness Christ will be my light” (from the DALE off the top of my head version).

This whole week has been long and relentless. I realized it does not feel like Christmas yet, and I wonder if that is because it is just now getting cold or if I just haven't been in the mindset of Christmas. I feel so busy that I forget Christmas is coming, and I don’t get anyone gifts until the last moment. Above that, I do not give Christ what is Christ's until way after the due date. Something is not right about this. So when I remember how fallen I am, I am thankful for that faithful eve when an angel appeared to shepherds keeping watch over flocks by night. If there was no baby in the manger that night, if Mary had a miscarriage, or an abortion, we would have no Savior. Without a Savior, Micah 7:8 would read "and I sit in ceaseless, bludgeoning darkness." The mood of Christmas should be our normal attitude as Christians. We are called to celebrate and worship Christ every day - not merely in the Christmas season but in all seasons. When we do sit in darkness, Christ will be our light. When we fall down, we can get back up.

This is what I would be praying right about now.

"Holy Father, thank you for your Son, not just today but everyday. This winter retreat attune me to do Your will. Thank you for never leaving me in complete darkness. Thank you for the times I get back up by Your strength. Thank you for providing for us and delivering me from evil. Amen."

I love ya’ll!

Dale Allen Lipscomb

4 comments:

Heather Higham said...

I love the DALE off the top of my head version of Scripture! Thanks for taking time to write in the midst of a busy week... Thank you for encouraging me to remember our Savior as you remember Him also. I love you back man!

Anonymous said...

Dale your version holds up well! Haha. But this is very true-- Christmas should be all the time, but not the gift part. Te other part. The 'good will towards men' part. Good observation.

brooKlyn said...

"and I sit in ceaseless, bludgeoning darkness."
...the thought of that totally sucks, to have no hope. The sad thing is, there are so many who don't know the hope we do. So, rock on Dale! Great challenge. It's our privilege to let that light shine year round for others to find their way...Thanks Dale!

Anonymous said...

all i can say is nice work dale!