12.22.2007

40 Days - Day 14

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing” NKJV. Well, I tend to find that verse a bit intimidating. When I was younger, I thought it meant eyes closed, head bowed and don’t think about anything else type of praying, and in my case that would be impossible. There is No way I would ever be able to pray like that for more then 30 minutes. When I finally understood what way of praying worked for me, it made that verse seem possible to carry out. For me, praying is having a conversation with God. Half the time how I hear God talk to me is through nature: a beautiful day, a pretty sunset or the rain is just a few of the ways I find myself hearing God talk to me. And for me talking back to God isn’t always “talking.” It can be singing, dancing, painting/drawing, photographing... Really any way for you to express yourself to God is a way of talking. So through these 40 days of prayer, I just want to encourage you to find the way that works best for you and pray for those we are interceding for that they will find the way that works for them as well.

Daddy,
Would we all will find the way we pray? God would you just break down any walls that people have and are putting up? Would you go ahead and surround the camp with angels? Would they come in ahead of us and wipe out any evil that is there already and start to keep any evil from coming in? God start to soften people's hearts. Make us mighty God. Help us to step into your protection God. I love you Daddy.

Love you guys,
Casey Tinius

3 comments:

Heather Higham said...

I love that you and your brother both understand this verse and live it out in your lives! Thank you for writing and asking us to see God everywhere we look and RESPOND to Him. On the way to Oregon to see Clint's family, Steven, Clint, and I were overcome by the sunset from the window of the plane. The city of Portland rolled by beneath us with the lights just starting to come on, snow capped mountains burst through slight cloud cover, ferry boats powered their way across the water sending ripples behind them and the sun changed the sky into a hundred hues of red, orange and gold. We each took turns encouraging each other to look at something absolutely taking our breath away. God is SO AMAZING sweet friend, and for the entire time we looked out the window of the plane, I blessed God and talked to Him.
Love you dearly,
Heather

brooKlyn said...

Sounds to me like a camping trip is way passed due! I'm a huge nature person as well. In fact, winter is usually somewhat difficult with every thing being dead and dreary. Anyway, thanks for sharing and challenging!

Anonymous said...

i couldn't tell you how many times i have thought of this blog in the last 2 days when i was doing the most menial things and remembering that it is all worship.
thank you friend